WHAT TO BUY AT IKEA





I guess I have some 'splaining to do.  

I received a couple of emails about my last post with pictures of the nursing home.  I am really sorry if I offended anyone.  I realize they were harsh and hard to look at.  Let me explain that this is a small place and these residents need full time care. Both of my parents died fairly young and while I have missed them badly over the years.....I did not have to watch them get to this level.

I guess my point was that the end of life is no joke and not something I look forward to.  In my opinion the only thing that makes a hard situation easier is humor.  I am the kind of person who can't help snickering when it's inappropriate because of nervousness.  I was not making fun of them.

#igotfaults

Ikea.....for some people it is totally overwhelming but if you go enough you can learn to focus!

I had to go yesterday for some Ribba frames [the best] and took a few shots of things that puts the term "high/low" to work!

Here is one of the first new things I saw!


Without open shelves all of these cute things would go to waste!  I plan on using them in an open pantry for a project.

I think both of these shelving units are new and I have a plan for the first one.



These 2 cute benches....kind of modern country.


Cute yellow clock

Black and white runner [placemats also]

Some kitchen accessories I have used from Ikea....the dark gray pitchers and jars!

The basket on the top left with jars from Ikea

I love these dark gray plates.....

And it was Ikea who first introduced us to the "Z" plant!

#hardtokill

Some bedding...

I used to have this one in my own bedroom!

And I used all this bedding from Ikea at my Madison project! And the curtains also came from Ikea.


A few other ones I like.....



Fabrics

Remember when I used this one for my sister?



This black and white coverlet....

That became a table skirt at my sisters.


And this stripe duvet at my other sisters:) 

This Ikea pillow can be found everywhere!  It's a fav and I used it in a Boulder project.

Love these pendants and they now come in 3 sizes!

Here I used them at my sisters.

The Ikea black and white stripe throw is a keeper

This one might be new and surprisingly it had a nice weight.
Sometimes it is like just holding a few treads in your hand right?

The rug in the middle would make a nice wall hanging.....


And this rug.....


I love this new version!

This one is iconic also!


Some other new additions!




Some Ikea shelving that works nicely..... I recently used in a laundry room.



Cute faux plants!


These chairs below we used while staging some projects out in Boulder until one of the home buyers bought them!


I was tired of them anyway....ha ha

Ribba frames....


I didn't mean for this post to be so long.....but there is so much good stuff there!  

Hope you get a bunch done this weekend.....it's pretty much gonna be rain....rain....rain around Atlanta.

How many times can you say Ikea in one post....how about 10.

Shayout




Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

BOULDER PROJECT

BATHROOM RENOVATION

DESIGN PLAN